Originally designed to spray paint, it now employs it in 'artistic' ways to attack those who would impede his art.
Nozzle (also referred to as Graffiti Artist) is a major boss enemy introduced in Chapter 1.
Note: The following skill list includes all skills denoted in Nozzle's Phantom Pain Cage arsenal. However, this list does not necessarily encompass all of his attacks. See Combat Behavior for more information.
- Scorched Earth: Bends the battlefield to his will, causing enemies on the battlefield to continuously take extra damage.
- Spray/Boosted Spray: Sprays the ground with ice, which deals damage over time to enemies./Sprays the ground with ice, which deals damage over time to enemies. Ice duration extended
- Jump Smash: Smashes the ground multiple times, dealing area damage.
- Burst: Throws an ice bomb at an enemy.
- Leap Attack: Smashes the ground, dealing area damage.
- Reinforcements: Call upon Jitterbombs to help you defeat the enemies
At the beginning of any encounter with him, Nozzle will primarily use two unlisted attacks, Swipe and Stomp, at close range while relying on Burst and Leap Attack when his target is at a distance. Note that Leap Attack's attack range is much wider than it may appear.
As his HP depletes, Nozzle will begin using his Jump Smash attack. This is a clone of his Leap Attack skill, except that he will use it multiple times repeatedly. This attack is signaled by Nozzle laughing, bouncing in place for a few seconds.
Further into the encounter, Nozzle will begin using Spray (or Boosted Spray at higher difficulties). He will randomly spray ice along the floor of the battlefield. The action of spraying itself has a very small hitbox and can generally be ignored. The ice on the ground that it leaves, however, will deal damage-over-time as well as reduce the player character's movement speed. This field effect is very long-lasting, and this duration increases even further in higher difficulties of Nozzle's Pain Cage encounter. Spray/Boosted Spray is signaled by Nozzle idly glancing at his right arm.
- Any use of Spray/Boosted Spray will always be followed by a Leap Attack.
Throughout any encounter with Nozzle, he will occasionally use his Reinforcements skill to summon a small group of Jitterbombs at the end of any attack animation cycle. The summon itself has no animation and occurs instantaneously with no precursor, and the Jitterbombs will spawn directly at Nozzle's feet. When they self-destruct, they will deal extremely high damage. Players are advised to either keep them at a distance, utilize invulnerability actions, or dispatch them quickly utilizing burst strategies. Furthermore, Nozzle has no limit on the number of times or frequency by which he may use Reinforcements.