Unlocking the Secrets of the Interludes
Interludes tell the backstory of individual characters in Punishing: Gray Raven. In addition, each one contains a hidden story node, unlockable by deciphering the hints on certain stages.
The final Interlude is introduced during Reveries With A Whale. Starting with Her Last Bow the background stories of new characters/Frames are narrated through their respective debut patch. Bambinata: Vitrum's and Noctis: Indomitus' Inver-Shards can still be farmed through a similar interface, though.
To learn how to unlock these hidden story nodes, choose an Interlude below.
List of Interludes
General Tips for Those Who Prefer Mystery
While the above lists the unlock conditions of all hidden Interlude stages, many will want to go it alone and figure everything out for themselves. Here are a few things to watch out for if you want to go in blind.
- Each Interlude contains one hidden node which has to be unlocked in the combat stages
- Sometimes unlocking the hidden node will require both combat stages, and sometimes only the first or second combat stage
- The camera usually pans to points of interest related to unlocking the hidden node once you enter a combat stage
- Pay attention to any audiovisual clues; sometimes it's extremely subtle
- Try to interact with everything
- Follow any hints or clues given in-game
Best of luck!