Constructs make up the majority of the playable characters in Punishing: Gray Raven.
Constructs are designed for the majority of the game's content and possess default class ratings of B-Rank, A-Rank, and S-Rank.
Constructs have three predesignated classes: Attacker (dealing damage), Tank (weakening enemies), and Support (healing and buffing allies). They cannot be deployed in the same team as Transcendants until the patch Wandering Dream with Whale.
With the exception of B-Rank characters, Constructs are predominantly acquired through R&D.
- B-Rank Constructs are given automatically via story progression.
- A-Rank Constructs are guaranteed every 10 pulls.
- S-Rank Constructs are guaranteed at a minimum of 60 pulls.
In the case that you pull a duplicate of a character you already own, the duplicate will be converted into Inver-Shards. The amount of Shards you obtain depends on the base rarity of the character you pulled, regardless of how much you have increased their rank previously.
- B-Rank Construct duplicates give 6 Inver-Shards
- A-Rank Construct duplicates gives 18 Inver-Shards
- S-Rank Construct duplicates give 30 Inver-Shards
Every five levels, a Construct can be promoted by spending Cogs, greatly improving overall stats. The total cost of fully promoting a character is a hefty 542,500 Cogs. These promotion ranks are named the following: Private, Sergeant, Elite, Task Force, Ace, and Hero.